Meet the Tomaseks
The Tomasek's found themselves in NW Arkansas recently. They moved here from Oregon. After two days of no work, no prospects for a job, and seeking assistance from several other non-profits they came to the M&N Augustine Foundation homeless and hungry.
In less than four hours after meeting them the following 5 items occurred:
- They were given 7 nights in a hotel.
- They were given cash and food from our Caring kitchen to sustain them for a week.
- They were brought in for counseling (bi-weekly).
- They were encouraged to aggressively seek jobs.
- They were encouraged to enroll their 3 sons in school.
- The Tomasek kids are in school.
- Jerry has a job @ Tyson Foods.
- They are housed in a hotel until the 14th of December, with the prospect for long-term housing.
- They have signed up and are temporarily receiving food stamps. (Foundation clients are not allowed to stay on food stamps longer than 3 months).
- All three kids have adequate clothing.
- After our weekly wrap-up session, their only need was money for laundry, which was provided by the Foundation.
They are thankful and cannot wait to become volunteers in the M&N Augustine Foundation.
We wanted to share their story with you and what we are doing together, is making a difference in the lives of others.